Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The One Thing I love About Credit Cards


The reward programs that allow us to get cool things for free or nearly free. The thing is we use our credit cards as cash substitutes and pay them off every month, that way we don't accrue interest. So, after we spend a certain amount of money we can get gift cards among other things. In this instance we got a Crate and Barrel gift card for $50. Yay. Allowing me to get some white ceramic bakeware I have been wanting! 
It all started after I purchased a ceramic pie dish last Christmas and discovered how amazing baking with ceramic was! Not only does the food come out better it is a breeze to clean. For example, whenever I baked chicken in the oven I would dread having to clean the baked on grease off the metal (non-stick) bakeware. However, this is not the case with the ceramic ware; it just washes right off in minutes. Moral of the story: I will never go back to using that non-stick (that everything sticks to) metal bakeware again! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tip about baking in ceramic. I'll definitely try it. Post baking cleanup is the least appealing part of making delicious goodies.

    ReplyDelete